Wednesday, June 15, 2016

It's twoo! It's twoo! DNA pwooves it!

Britta Ann Green is my great-great-great grandmother. DNA proves it!!!

It's always been a mystery whether Britta was truly an ancestor. John L. McGuire was quite the rascal, and Great-great grandmother Mary Drucilla's death certificate listed "Georgia Smith" as her mother.

"Georgia" was a mistake.

John L. was true...this time, anyway.

DNA triangulation with cousins who could have matched only if we shared Britta as a common ancestor proved the connection.

Thanks, J. & S.!

This is big, big news!

Yayayayayaayay!!



1 comment:

  1. I am the great-great-grandson of Bryan Lee Whatley, who was in turn the grandson William Henry Harrison Whatley and Mary Julia McKinney as you know. I have a lot of questions I would like to ask you and hope you can answer, if you are able and willing, but I can find no other way to contact you. Please respond, or you can e-mail me directly at joshuatruksa@yahoo.com. Right now, I am interested if you may have any information as to the origin of the McKinney's, whether they came from Scotland or Ireland, as there are McKinney's who originate from both countries. I've also been searching for the parents of Maving Whatley but seem to have hit a road block. I eagerly await your reply. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete